Sites have been going down frequently in March. Plus, I’ve been seeing an uptick in squirrely activity all over the web in the past week.
New Year’s Day was the beginning of a huge attack that crippled several hosts, including the mission critical hosting at WPEngine, which is never supposed to come down. It lasted for 12 days.
I believe we are in for another huge attack soon.
In this Blab I covered:
- what’s going on with the latest cyber attacks
- what to do if your site is down
- why changing hosts won’t help
- how hosts are dealing with keeping your site live
- what hosts aren’t telling you about the attacks
- how several sites owners recently lost their entire site, backups and all, due to glitches at the host during these attacks
Here are the links mentioned in the Blab
- Get email off hosting
- VaultPress video
- AS3 backup video
- BlueHost refund – they list a prorated refund after the 30 day period
Subscribe to the BlogAid Blab Channel so you never miss a show.