HTTPS Conversion Services
There’s a lot to converting a site to HTTPS properly.
Get help from your geek buddy!
Full HTTPS Conversion
Get your site truly converted to HTTPS.
No trickery, no plugins, no cover ups.
See the Top 10 Reasons NOT to Use Free HTTPS from your host for more details on what you may be missing.
Full Conversion Includes:
- Pre conversion checklist to catch mixed media and actually fix it, not cover it up
- Real conversion of database to HTTPS
- Full security headers for better SSL scores
- The security header Google requires for the Chrome safe site preload list
- Proper forced redirects that don’t cause redirect chains
- Google Analytics and Search Console properly updated
- New XML sitemap created and submitted
- All site functions tested before and after
After HTTPS Services
Did you use a free way from your host or a plugin to switch to HTTPS?
Wondering if everything is okay?
In a live session we’ll check:
- Google Analytics in 2 places
- Google Search Console in 4 places
- XML sitemap in 3 places
- Security headers – 3 critical ones for superior SSL certificate scores
- Security header for the Chrome safe site preload list and submission to it
- Crypto settings at your CDN like CloudFlare in 8 places
You won’t even need to share your logins.
We’ll get everything fixed right then.
How Full Conversion Works
This gives me the info I need to get us started.
Pre Conversion Checklist
I’ll provide a checklist in a secure client folder for:
- account info
- site elements to check for https readiness
I’ll verify all site elements and ensure we are ready to convert and we’ll set a date.
And we’ll both verify that all site functions work prior to the conversion. You wouldn’t believe how many broken contact forms and optins we’ve found that clients didn’t know had an issue!!
Day of Conversion
Start Pre-Conversion Process
I’ll do all the prep work and notify you.
I’ll put the site in maintenance mode and notify you that the conversion has begun.
You’ll want to be on standby to help check the site at the mid-point. If anything is amiss, it takes just a minute to switch back. (That’s because I convert a copy of your database.)
I’ll install final security headers and testing. We’ll both check the site thoroughly and then I’ll update all Google related accounts and submit your site to Chrome’s safe preload list.
The more you know about your site, the less you pay!
The process usually takes 3-5 hours at my low, hourly tech rate.
We start with a pre-conversion checklist of site elements affected by conversion.
The faster we complete that checklist, the more you save.
FYI, this is where the investment my site audit clients made really pays off. They are educated DIY site owners that know what’s going on with their site.
Let’s Get Started
I’m here to walk you through your HTTPS site conversion the right way.
Your site will meet all Google specifications and will be safe and perform well.
No plugins and nothing to worry about down the road.
Still have questions or other site concerns?
Contact me for a pre conversion consult.