Migrate to New Hosting
Moving to a new host? I can help you with a site migration!
If you are a business-minded blogger who is hands-on at managing your own website, you know how important it is to have great web hosting.
But moving to a new host can be daunting. It’s not as easy as it used to be!
Why You Need to Hire Help
Hosting environments are radically different from one another now.
Plus, cyber security is a real issue now too.
You have to follow a precise migration procedure which ensures that:
- Extra security precautions are taken – like changing all of your site keys
- The old host setup is removed to prevent hackers getting your site info
- Dangerous and/or conflicting directives from the old host are removed
Plus, while most hosts will do a free cPanel migration for you, some require a manual migration.
This makes it tougher to ensure you get everything moved over.
You could do-it-yourself by following my DIY site migration process.
But it might make more sense to just hand it over to a professional like me to ensure the job gets done right.
This way you can focus on your business and let me handle the details.
Want to Make Your Site Faster?
Combine your migration with a full site audit to save you money.
See details on the Migration / Audit Combo
Prevent Site Migration Issues
When you hire me to migrate your site to new hosting, you can be sure that no detail is missed.
I’ll ensure that:
- All of the proper logins are documented and tested so we don’t waste the hosting company’s time and your money
- The same PHP levels are in place at both the old and new hosting companies. This is critical to ensure your website doesn’t break when it goes live.
- Hidden files are identified and removed so as to avoid further conflicts.
- All Add-On and Sub-Domains get identified and transferred.
- Mailboxes and email get properly transferred or dealt with properly
- A new SSL certificate has been issued at your new host
- DNS points to the new host with ways for you to easily monitor the propagation
- All site security is changed at the new host so that hackers won’t have the new master keys.
- The site is submitted to Cloudflare if necessary or put back on Cloudflare and DNS records are correct
- The old host files are wiped out. Even when you terminate your old hosting account, they likely won’t remove your files right away, and you don’t want all of that security info sitting there unattended.
- And much more!
When you migrate to new hosting, you can rest assured that your site will be properly transferred and there will be no hidden issues to affect your site’s performance and security.