Moving to a new host can be daunting. It’s not as easy as it used to be!
These days hosting environments are radically different from one another.
- You also now have to take extra security precautions too.
- When you move to a new hosting environment, things can and do break.
- Failure to strip out the old setup after migration is the main reason sites break at the new host.
- There can be dangerous and/or conflicting directives that get transferred from the old host to the new host. And these forgotten directives can really cause conflicts in all sorts of ways when your site goes live.
Plus, while most hosts will do a free cPanel migration for you, some require a manual migration.
This makes it tougher to ensure you get everything moved over.
I can help you prevent all those issues and make the process easy for you!
Or, if you want to do-it-yourself, go ahead and see what is involved in DIY site migration these days.
And then decide for yourself whether or not it’s worth it to hand your migration over to a professional to make sure it gets done right.
When you hire me to migrate your site to new hosting, you can be sure that no detail is missed.
I’ll ensure that:
- All of the proper logins are documented and tested so we don’t waste the hosting company’s time and your money
- The same PHP levels are in place at both the old and new hosting companies. This is critical to ensure your website doesn’t break when it goes live.
- Hidden files are identified and removed so as to avoid further conflicts.
- All Add-On and Sub-Domains get identified and transferred.
- Mailboxes and email get properly transferred or dealt with properly
- A new SSL certificate has been issued at your new host
- DNS points to the new host with ways for you to easily monitor the propagation
- All site security is changed at the new host so that hackers won’t have the new master keys.
- The site is submitted to Cloudflare if necessary or put back on Cloudflare and DNS records are correct
- The old host files are wiped out. Even when you terminate your old hosting account, they likely won’t remove your files right away, and you don’t want all of that security info sitting there unattended.
- And much more!
When you migrate to new hosting, you can rest assured that your site will be properly transferred and there will be no hidden issues to affect your site’s performance and security.