Most hosting companies offer a one-click install for WordPress which they advertise as quick and painless.
But did you know that a one-click installation of WordPress is not nearly as secure as installing WordPress manually?
I go way beyond to ensure that your new WordPress site is set up the right way by taking the following steps:
- Manual creation of the database
- Manual installation of WordPress files
- Secure the host root account and critical root files
- Configure secure site settings
- Install and configure optimized and well-maintained plugins
- Secure the site against brute force attacks on your login page
- Lock down directory browsing of critical WordPress files
- Block bad bots that can hog system resources
- Install and configure a CDN such as Cloudflare to improve site security and performance
- Configure a firewall
- Ensure the site is properly configured for SSL
- Database is HTTPS from the start
- Configure 5 HTTPS security headers
- Submit site to the Chrome HSTS preload safe site list
- And more!
In addition, you won’t find any behemoth security plugins or goofy configurations with the way I secure your site.
That means a faster-loading and better performing site as well.
You’ll also get a live chat session, that includes:
- Review of your security – so you can cooperate with it
- Review of plugins installed
- How to run backups
- How to safely do updates
Hosting requirements for this service
- cPanel or equivalent control panel
- Host TOS that allows me to make changes and where I can freely access all areas needed for the service
See What is Managed Hosting? for details on whether your host is considered fully managed or not, as they don’t allow me to make these changes.
Need better hosting or have questions?
We can chat about that during your project and find the best host for your needs.
Get your new WordPress set up the right way.