I’m delighted to have as my guest, author Tony Eldridge whose first award-winning action/adventure novel, The Samson Effect, was described by Clive Cussler as a “first rate thriller brimming with intrigue and adventure.” And his latest novel, The Lottery Ticket, is already climbing the Kindle charts.
Tony is the go-to guy behind the helpful Marketing Tips for Authors site that publishes free tips and videos to help authors learn marketing techniques for their books. And, he also wrote the book, literally, on Conducting Effective Twitter Contests.
In this podcast, Tony talks about
- The importance of creating relationships instead of constantly selling folks something and how that translates into a loyal following.
- What he has learned since the publication of his first novel and about being a multi-genre author.
- How Kindle helped revitalize sales on The Sampson Effect, and how it influenced the way he published The Lottery Ticket.
- Why authors price their ebooks at $0.99 or $2.99 and up. (We flipped some numbers off the top of our heads in the podcast. See Tony’s more accurate post on the topic here).
- The benefit of writing evergreen ebooks.
- Formatting options for different ebook readers.
- His Kindle Publishing Roadmap, which is a tutorial that can walk you through the process of preparing to publish on Kindle.
- His experience uploading to Smashwords.
- When you want to do some things yourself, and when you want to hire others to help.
- Why this is the most exciting time to be an author.
- His Sunday Kindle book giveaway.
- Options for choosing to go with or without a traditional publisher.
As you can see, this podcast is packed with great info, and a must hear for authors. And, for all you Kindle owners, be sure to check out the Sunday Kindle Book Giveaway that Tony runs on his site every week.
|Listen to the podcast now|
|To download, click Listen to see a download link.|