Most new site owners jump into WordPress and figure it out as they go. But for many, piecing together a hodge-podge of free videos and tips collected along the way usually leads to a lot of wasted time and frustration, dismal performance, and a dysfunctional site. Take this quiz to see if you’re suffering from what you don’t know that you don’t know about WordPress.
About the Quiz
This WordPress quiz is divided into the most important topics that you need to know to be a successful, confident site owner. If you don’t have the answers, then you, your site, and your business are suffering.
Do you know
- the seven SEO areas available on every blog post and how to maximize each one?
- the two best in-post formatting options to keep visitors on your site longer?
- why you need to create a post excerpt and how it’s used?
- why you shouldn’t leave drafts on your site for long?
- the difference in the six heading tags, how to use them, which ones not to use, and how Google sees them?
- the best ways to preview a post you’re writing?
- how to create content that is candy to both readers and search engines?
- exactly where to place your keywords?
- how to use anchor text?
Do you know
- how many times a reader needs to see something on your site before it makes an impact?
(it’s way more than 7)
- how to make every page on your site a sales page and why you should?
- the best place to put your most important offers?
- the action words that work best for your target audience?
- exactly how your readers perceive your content and what stops them from clicking?
- what one thing you can include that increases clicks?
Do you know
- the six layers of SEO available on every image?
- the preferred file format for displaying images on the web? (It’s not .jpg)
- why you should resize and optimize images before you upload?
- the best places to get free images for your site and the laws about proper attribution? (It’s not Google Images!)
Do you know
- what plugin you need to use in conjunction with Akismet to manage comment spam better?
- which plugin puts a deadbolt on the front door of your site?
- if you’re backing up only the database of your site or the whole thing?
(You are backing up your site, right?)
- which plugin stops WordPress from breaking your paragraph formatting?
- which two plugins need to be used in conjunction to keep your database clean and fast?
- which plugin is best for Google Analytics?
- if any plugins are fighting with each other to do the same thing?
Do you know
- what SEO plugin wipes the floor with everything else out there, including SEO in themes?
- how to properly set up and maximize your SEO plugin?
- how to properly coordinate your on-page SEO with your plugin’s global settings?
- if your theme code is disrupting your title tag settings?
- the difference in a site map and an XML site map and where to submit/use both?
- if your site is verified by Google Webmaster Tools?
How Did You Do?
Every one of my Scratch to Published clients knows each answer on this quiz, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg. They are also expertly qualified to choose the right theme for their site and place all the right content in all the right places. In fact, one of the best compliments I get is when a client has a look at their competition’s site and tells me, “I know how they’re doing it poorly and why my site is going to outperform them.” And, they see what I see when they look at your site. How would you like to know what they know?
Get the Solid WordPress Foundation You Need
Whether you are new to site ownership or have been blogging for a year or two, there are important aspects of WordPress you probably don’t know how to use to make things easier for you while getting better results.
If you’re ready to be more than a tip collector and actually do what it takes to create a super site, I am absolutely positive that I can help you be more productive and get more out of your site. In fact, I’m so sure that I’m willing to back it up with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on any of my one-on-one classes. If I can’t find at least three ways to improve your productivity and/or site performance during our first session, it’s free.
Listen to this podcast with one of my top clients, Carole Billingsley, who owns Seek Social Media. Carole had a site that wasn’t performing and decided to rebuild from the ground up. In the first few weeks after launch she saw immediate success and received more contacts from well-qualified clients in her exact target audience than she did in a whole year with her previous site.
Are You Ready to Be a Successful, Confident Site Owner?
I offer a range of affordable WordPress Classes and each is tailored to your unique site needs and audience. You won’t find cookie-cutter, generic formulas here. You’ll learn more in a single three hour session than most weekend workshops offer.
Let’s get started making your website work for you and your business!