See what order to do your updates to avoid issues with upgrading to WordPress 5.3.
I am thrilled with how simple it was to create Reusable Blocks in Gutenberg to easily monetize my Heartwood Art woodworking site with affiliate links.
See how I did it and how you can make use of Reusable Blocks over and over for your offers, optins, affiliate links, and more.
See a full list of database table prefixes for WordPress and popular plugins.
Tips this week include:
• Why I’m doing so many host migrations lately
• How Gutenberg helped me make a super snazzy affiliate link page
• Why it’s time to have another look at all the new Gutenberg Ninja course tutorials
• A zero-day vulnerability in the Chrome browser
• Why you need to immediately delete the Broken Link Checker plugin and better alternatives
• Why you don’t want to rely on your host to update your PHP version for you on Dec 1
• Why you need to stop cleaning your database so often
• We’re getting close to the next WordPress release – find out what’s in it
• How to use Astra Widgets
• What I’m watching for in Google Search Console’s new Speed Report rolling out
• And check out the extreme speed on one of my site audit client’s site
While Gutenberg Ninja is already THE most in-depth course full of real-world examples, I’m making it even better.
See what’s new and what’s coming.
PHP is the coding language that WordPress, plugins, and themes use. And it is ever evolving.
Support for version 7.1 will cease on December 1, 2019.
Failure to upgrade will leave your site with a security hole.
Discover how to check and change your PHP version right now.
A LOT of big changes are being packed into the next major release of WordPress 5.3, which will roll out in November.
They include a whole gaggle of Gutenberg updates too.
Get a sneak peek at what you’ll see and changes you need to know about in the upcoming release.
The Pretty Links plugin is throwing so many PHP errors that it is causing the PHP error log file to balloon up to over a gigabyte (GB) in size.
That is triggering disk space overage warnings from your host.
See what the warning symptoms are and what actions to take now.